[agl-dev-community] Collabora weekly progress w/e 1st November 2020

Hi All,

*Sorry, due to a copy and paste error I sent week 43's summary again. Please see below week 44.*

Please find below a brief summary of the progress Collabora have made last week on Weston/Wayland.

Weston / Wayland

Marius

- Going over SPEC-3663, SPEC-3653 and SPEC-3665 to determine which ones are suitable for receiver/transmitter improvements. SPEC-3663 (seat not available depending on the order) shows the duality of the receiver and the transmitter, that acts both as a server and a client in the same time. For instance the receiver contains the server implementation for the Waltham side, but acts as client for the local compositor, so the receiver can be started before the transmitter, but it won't be able to react (install proper seat handler) if the transmitter connects after that. Some further changes to how the client interacts with both are required to let the user know before starting the receiver that the transmitter is on-line at that time. So far, we just print out that we won't have a valid seat if the receiver is started after the transmistter.

- From SPEC-3664 (transmitter surface is disconnected, what should the receiver display?) dicovered SPEC-3675 (Extend receiver to allow dispatching events for main surface and still receive events from the transmitter). With the addition of remote surface removal I've noticed that receiver wasn't handling/calling the destroy handlers, and in the same time, reviewers showed the fact that receiver will block wait for compositor events. I've started working on having a work-around such that the receiver is able to both dispatch transmitter events and also handle (local) compositor events. Previous changes to receiver resorted to using a thread to handle the gstreamer pipeline and avoid using dispatching wayland blocking functions.

- Added comments to SPEC-3673 (AGL virtual Keyboard)

- Added a fix for SPEC-3630 (Incorrect order of surfaces destruction if XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is not set) and SPEC-3672 (agl-compositor produces segfault when exiting).

- Reviewed, added comments, investigation and discussions about https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/c/src/agl-compositor/+/25486 (desktop: Delay surface creation until committed) submitted by Walter.

Kind regards,

Nick

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#8808) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_