[agl-dev-community] Collabora weekly progress w/e 11th October 2020

Hi All,

Please find below a brief summary of the progress Collabora have made last week on Weston/Wayland.

Weston / Wayland

Marius

- Continued working on SPEC-3601 (Waltham integration with the new compositor). Modified the transmitter
plug-in to allow exposing a Weston output (as we need some way to track the remoting output and assign views
to that output). Modified  the whole stack from Waltham, receiver and transmitter to pass down the app_id from
the transmitter side to the remote side and with it, to signal the creation a surface on the remote end. When
ivi_shell was in use it relied on passing down the ID of the surface.

- Simplified the receiver side (SPEC-3605) avoiding using threads, and only using I/O multiplexing. Discovered some
issues with the transmitter plug-in, which seem to starve the system due to the way the drm framebuffers
are being exported and passed down the gstreamer pipeline. With the current transmitter plug-in and
renderer I'm not able to get anything renderered on the remote side. A few frames in and the DRM sub-system
will effectively refused to give out drm framebuffers.

Kind regards,

Nick

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#8722) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_