[agl-dev-community] Collabora weekly progress w/e 21st June 2020

Hi All,

Please find below a brief summary of the progress Collabora have made last week on Weston/Wayland.

Weston / Wayland

Marius:

- Looking over 'SPEC-3382 Investigation of cluster demo image', found
some potential policy inconsistencies, detailed in SPEC-3441.

- Still related to 'SPEC-3382 Investigation of cluster demo image' converted
'cluster-dashboard' application to using agl-shell. Currently investigating for
'cluster-receiver' application if I can create a Qt type of window, and provide
to the sink the wayland surface object backing up that window, as to avoid
creating the window itself (by the sink).
The reason for that is that we don't really a have a way to control that surface
if we can't identify it. The idea is use the toolkit to create the window
and the surface, and provide that the sink using GstOverlay.
With that approach we can, from Qt, to set additional parameters/properties of the
surface itself. The compositor will then know how to handle it. Alternative
would be to modify the sink itself as to allow passing the application id,
an alternative which is far from ideal.

- Cleaning up meta-agl-cluster-demo repository (*-windowmanager* removal)

- sdcard died out and I was forced to use netboot. While doing that noticed
that agl-netboot required a minor fix: SPEC-3439

- Discovered some display driver timeouts for the Renesas H3 board, added
SPEC-3442 to track it

- Added architecture diagram for 'SPEC-3386 - Documentation improvements'

- Reviewed Waltham documentation MR, tracked by SPEC-2757

Things currently looking into:

- finishing up 'SPEC-3382 Investigation of cluster demo image' ->
 remaining 'cluster-receiver' application conversion
- add some missing legend to architecture diagram
- verify and validate agl-cluster-demo sandbox sandbox branch
with agl-compositor

Kind regards,

Nick

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#8448) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic