[agl-dev-community] Collabora weekly progress w/e 15th March 2020

Hi All,

Please find below a brief summary of the progress Collabora have made last week on Pipewire and Weston/Wayland.

Week 11 2020

PipeWire

George:
    - Updated AGL documentation on PipeWire:
      https://jira.automotivelinux.org/browse/SPEC-3254
    - Continued reworking the session management API
      - Implemented certain new interfaces
      - Implemented exporting endpoints and streams to PipeWire
      - Investigating the use of Lua as a scripting language for scripting policies

Julian:
    - Refactored Wireplumbrer Dbus Device Reservation logic to be only present in the monitor module, and so
    avoid unnesessary dbus dependencies when used for automotive and not desktop.
    - Wrote Dbus unit tests for device reservation logic in wireplumber.
    - Switching to gdbus library instead of pipewire's spa_dbus library to handle dbus logic in wireplumber.

Weston / Wayland

Marius:

- Week mostly focused on WAM/ozone/chromium integration:
- removal and clean-up of any libwindowmanager/libhomescreen in WAM
- plumbing front-end and back-end side of ozone/chromium to allow setting surface roles + sending ready request
- plumbing core and platform in WAM (the back-end side of WAM) to make use of them
- with those I'm able to run basic applications like youtube

- Still need to figure some things out:
- sending the surface roles from the front-end side of WAM to the back-end side
- there's no 1-to-1 mapping of a webpage object to a wayland surface primitive, but there is
one from a webap to a surface: translated, this means we need a runtime process for each surface
role assignment. This needs a bit of thinking to see what would be ideal here.
- once the above is done I'll attempt to look into homescreen-html5
- application switching, once I'm able to run/see how to run the homescreen version

Kind regards,

Nick

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#8166) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic