[agl-dev-community] Collabora weekly progress w/e 5th January 2020

Please find below a brief summary of the progress Collabora have made last week on Pipewire and Weston/Wayland.

PipeWire

George:
- On leave

Julian:
    - Implemented wireplumber config static nodes module to create nodes with static properties
    based on TOML configuration files
    - Started rebasing AGL pipewire branch on top of master
    - On holidays the 1st and 3rd of January

Weston / Wayland
Daniel:
   - On leave

Marius:
    - As I haven't found the real culprit for Qtwayland  bottom panel issue I reached out to Scott Murray. Not much to go for now, as he suggested chatting with other people involved with qtwayland (Tanikawa-san/Mitsunari-san and maybe ADIT devs). Normal applications (those not using qtwayland) do not suffer from this problem, so I'll get back on this once I have more on the launch/spawn/switching application part.

   Top/background surfaces are displayed correct and receiving inputs events so I'm not blocked by it.

    - While toying with multiple apps, found that agl-compositor doesn't re-paint properly the views when switching apps so I've decided momentarily to force a repaint for the entire output. This is a more finesse optimization at this point but I'll see if another approach might solved it. Do note this is doesn't affect all kind of apps, but only those that do not refresh their contents (like apparently most qt application, refreshing their contents only when user click on buttons).

    - Focused (as much as time permitted) on launching new apps from within homescreen. So far only toying with it and I've found some issues while doing so:

    - the latest yocto image has some bug related to assigning the same port to services which results in applications not being started using afm-util. Need to re-sync my yocto image, as suggested by Jose (it seems he was aware of the problem and a fix is available).

    - converting apps to remove dependency of libhomescreen/qtaglextras/windowmanager/weson-ready service. All of these have to be removed to juse plain XDG shell as to "register" transparently to agl-compositor. Additionally ivi-shell is being forced onto qtwayland apps.

    - reached out to Jose Bollo to gain a better understanding of afb-daemon and the deprecated afm-user-daemon to determine what would be the possible solution for homescreen, to answer questions like:

          - can libafbwsc can be used by homescreen to launch/spawn/start applications
          - should homescreen be (actually) a binding service
          - should homescreen expose the switch application request to other applications (can't see why homescreen

Kind regards,

Nick

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#7967) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic