[agl-dev-community] Collabora weekly progress w/e 29th March 2020

Hi All,

Please find below a brief summary of the progress Collabora have made last week on Pipewire and Weston/Wayland.

PipeWire

George:
    - Updated AGL documentation on PipeWire for icefish & halibut:
      https://jira.automotivelinux.org/browse/SPEC-3254
    - Re-worked PipeWire's interfaces for exporting the session graph:
      https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/pipewire/-/merge_requests/246
    - Implemented exporting of endpoint streams in WirePlumber

Julian:
    - Started helping George with the new session management API:
    - Implemented wireplumber spa pod API for easy spa pod bindings
    - Implemented wireplumber spa pod builder and spa pod parser APIs
    - Implemented generic wireplumber iterator interface

Weston / Wayland

Marius:

- ozone/chromium and WAM
    - added missing set_app_id request for xdg toplevel windows. Only set_tile was present in the XDG-Shell implementation and without it we can't figure out the app ids.
    - once set_app_id was in place, added missing activation part of (xdg) surfaces
    - ozone/chromium has now all the functionality in place to set surfaces roles and activate surfaces/windows. For WAM, I've added front-end code to allow the ability to set-up surfaces roles and activate apps using the command line. Updated Jira task with build/usage explanations and described a more efficient solution which should be implemented along side a mock-up application based on html5-homescreen. Igalia should have now all the necessary bits to continue the WAM work and the html5-homescreen one.
    - would like to start upstreaming/integrating the agl-shell work into Igalia's ozone/chromium version, but I need some feed-back first from Igalia to see how those look like to them +
polish the series a bit (this is a bigger discussion but the gist of it is that for activating application we need an output, output which currently is ignored in the front-end side of WAM but passed a the first output available in the ozone/chromium part -- this should be somehow relayed from WAM, like we do wit qtwyland or least have some work-around if that is not entirely
available).

- agl-compositor: While testing the activation part in ozone/chromium revelead an issue with the
default-activation part of surfaces in the compositor. Posted a MR fix for it.

- H3 R-CAR validation: homescreen and agl-compositor start up correctly, looking into
activation part (seems that the application names have chagned from application@version to
just application, so I need to modify that in my homescreen version).

Kind regards,

Nick

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#8191) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic