[agl-dev-community] Collabora weekly progress w/e 5th April 2020

Hi All,

Please find below a brief summary of the progress Collabora have made last week on Pipewire and Weston/Wayland.

PipeWire

George:
    - Updated the WpProperties API to match functionality available in pw_properties
    - Further improved the code used to export endpoints and streams
    - Implemented the endpoint link object
    - Ported the session object to use the new interface for exporting it to PipeWire
    - Implemented caching of related proxy objects in WpEndpoint and WpSession
    - Started implementing a "session item" that implements linking standard endpoints

Julian:
    - Implemented a Wireplumber SPA Type registry to register custom SPA types
    - Implemented spa pod iterator sub-class to iterate spa objects, structs, arrays and sequences
    - Created wireplumber merge request with new spa-pod and spa-type registry APIs
    - Started refactoring wireplumber's public API to use the new spa-pod class

Weston / Wayland

Marius:

    - H3 R-CAR validation: Further debugging revelead a bluetooth problem which
    I've already seen on qemu image, yet somehow on the real board it causes
    some of the unitd systemd files to hang and implicly that affects even the compositors start-up
    as well. This happens w/ and w/o the agl-compositor so it is not related to it.
    Disabling the bluetooth service allows me to further test/and actually continue my tests.

    - Found a couple more launcher issues: SPEC-3309, SPEC-3308. Some further deploying/infructure
    issues related yocto which are not really AGL-specific (i.e, booting over NFS, or using
    devtool for deployment).

    - Started looking into extending agl-shell-desktop protocol to include the ability to set-up
    additional roles to windows/clients. This should include the pop-ups windows use-cases, and the ability
    to indepedently position them. Still exploring/trying to ascertain if this is a good idea, by trying to
    adapt onscreenapp application + trying to make sense of the libwindowmanger service which contains the
    current role policies (which presumably provides some hints about the orientation of the window). This is
    on-going to see what fits best for the use-cases I have at hand (alexa-viewer is another use-case here).

Kind regards,

Nick

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#8209) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic