[agl-dev-community] Collabora weekly progress w/e 28th June 2020

Hi All,

Please find below a brief summary of the progress Collabora have made last week on Weston/Wayland.

Weston / Wayland

Marius:

- Spent most of my time debugging and investigating the cluster-receiver application
(SPEC-3382); the receiver application is now able to use waylandsink. Both Qt and
Gstreamer make use of independent threads to receive and handle events. While I thought
initially this was a problem related to the way the parent surface (the one created by QtWayland)
is not updated/committed in sync with the one created by Gstreamer, it seems that there is a slight
race when QtWayland actually creates and attaches the buffer to the parent surface. Gstreamer
is using that surface to create its own sub-surface to render the incoming stream. Temporary solution
for the moment is to install a timer such that Qt is able to do all its things underneath and
then start the gstreamer pipeline. In this way when gstramer creates it's sub-subsurface
it does a desync commit on the parent surface.

- On the same item, the receiver requires some definitions found in waylandsink. Used to be exported
with autotools, but now Gstreamer switch to meson, adapted and push a MR for that.

- Found, fixed and pushed a corner case issue for the compisitor related to pending surfaces (SPEC-3448)

-

Things currently looking into:

-  The cluster-receiver changes are targeted at waylandsink but on other systems (x86_64) the vaapi
sink is in use. Need to determine how my changes work out with that and if that is a real use case.

Kind regards,

Nick

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#8472) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic