[agl-dev-community] Collabora weekly progress w/e 6th September 2020

Hi All,

Please find below a brief summary of the progress Collabora have made last week on Weston/Wayland.

Weston / Wayland

Walter

- SPEC-3410 (PipeWire not working on i.MX8MQ EVK) Test audio with BT BCM43xx and USB BT dongle

- SPEC-3520 (Add i.MX8MQ machine template that uses etnaviv) Request patches to got into stable

- SPEC-3545 (iMX8MQ EVK Bluetooth BCM43xx not working) Debug to find missing components to enable BT based on BCM43xx

Marius

- SPEC-3544 (no image on my display/monitor. WebAppMgr coredump) - speculating that the client might be racing with the
compositor in a attempt to commit a buffer without doing the configure stance required when commit the surface surface buffer,
according to the XDG shell protocol. At this point this seems to happen because we're setting the appid after the compositor
can activate the application by default. Translated this means that we're not sending the configure event to the client, the client
doesn't send back the ack_configure request and client continues blindly to commit the surface (which it should not).  This has a tendency
to be a racy situation. On another note, WAM has installed event handler that can give it the ability to activate the surface upon receiving that
from libhomescreen, which could mitigate this issue and explains why starting and activating applications can happen at a later point in time.
I'm able to replicate this behaviour by quickly starting applications, thus exploiting the async nature of AFM. The client not waiting
for configure events from the compositor might also signal some more deeper issues in the client implementation. Currently exploring
couple of avenues to confirm my speculation and figure out a work-around.

- Added SPEC-3564 and SPEC-3564, in relation with SPEC-3544 - about build issues when using externalsrc, which could save
quite some time in development of webapps and WAM/chromium68 development.

Kind regards,

Nick

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#8637) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic