Re: Proposal to revise ISOC's mission statement

On Nov 1, 2017, at 4:13 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My point here is not the Catalonia problem, is a general statement to make in the ISOC “rules” that ISOC MUST not interfere with court orders, unless they can verify what is being said at the court order.

In this case, the court order indicated a list of very specific unlawful sites, but ISOC published that it was a global order to .cat to ban any political sites. It is a big difference. Our constitution doesn’t enable splitting the country and consequently a voting on that, was declared against law by our constitutional court, which ordered the police to avoid it (same way the police must avoid any other criminal or unlawful act, is their duty). Our constitution allows to be amended, but Catalonia Government don’t want that, they want to make sure they split and do at their own way, regardless only 25% of the Catalonian want that (which is only 5% of the total country population!).

I haven't seen the court order, but I agree that it's important to get the facts straight before making a statement, and this is a good example of a set of facts that, had they been gotten straight, would have resulted in a clearer and more effective message.