Re: letting IETF build on top of Open Source technology

Hi Alia,
At 08:02 PM 29-10-2017, Alia Atlas wrote:
After some discussion, my co-authors and I have written down a proposed policy that would clearly and specifically allow standards-track RFCs to have external non-SDO normative references. It's not disallowed now - but determining early when it is ok is unclear.

I read draft-atlas-external-normref-00. "Opus" was an exception. I don't think that it is a good example of referencing external code.

What is an "Open Source Organization"? Are there examples of such organizations documenting IPR?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy