Re: IP's for point-to-point and loopbacks

Hi!

On 27 Oct 2017, at 16:54, Paul Wouters wrote:

However, there is a lot of unused multicast and reserved space left to do assignments from. I’m not sure why we haven’t started nibbling on those yet, other then wanting to promote ipv6?

It’s been said around that those ranges would present problems if used on the public Internet. Namely, there is zero guarantee that they will be widely routable.

Now, if we were to carve blocks for p2p and loopbacks from them under the assumption that they are a kind “extended/special use” private space, maybe it’s not such a bad idea.