Re: Proposal to revise ISOC's mission statement

Hi Keith,
At 12:44 PM 29-10-2017, Keith Moore wrote:
Nations are sometimes perceived as interfering in ordinary people's ability to live and function.

I unfortunately cannot do much about that.

What kind of empowerment would you like everyone to have? I personally favor freedom of speech, freedom of association, freedom to expose and dismantle structures of oppression.

I once asked a colleague whether he/she would choose to use a building for a church or a school; the reply was interesting [1]. I do not have the ability to empower anyone. I respect your views (second sentence in the paragraph quoted above)

Do they have monopolies or something?

It is a different ecosystem(s).

Regards,
S. Moonesamy