Re: lies about URNs (was Re: Celebrating NAT)

Clipping (with quotes/context) for emphasis.

> On Jul 20, 2019, at 10:55 AM, Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Fix the damn subject line and apologize if you want to continue this conversation.
>
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 10:45 AM Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> On 7/19/19 12:26 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 7:09 PM Melinda Shore <melinda.shore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 7/16/19 2:39 PM, Doug Royer wrote:
>> > You can not achieve your goal when you quit. How important are your
>> > goals to you?
>>
>> It seems to me that driving away people with energy and
>> ideas because they're not willing to deal with the tone of
>> discussions here (and let's be clear: there are no longer
>> very many organizations in which abusive language or behavior
>> is tolerated) and leave, either to focus on implementation
>> or to take their work to another body, the IETF is the loser,

I’m similarly concerned that the community, volunteers and companies are the losers here if the dialogue continues in such a rapid-fire fashion.  I’ve been wrong many times before, will be wrong again in the future and overruled by others, including by the real boss of my house (I only pretend to be in charge :-) ).

These conversations will be archived for eternity on the internet, I’m not sure this reflects the best that we have to offer the IETF and internet standards community as a whole.  Our comments will be preserved for generations to come, long after the pathways of the internet may have changed.  Our permanent records didn’t end in school.

- Jared