Re: Tolerance

On 7/16/19 3:36 PM, Richard Barnes wrote:

While I'm glad that the folks saying this are able to ignore this sort of language, that's not really the question.  The question someone should be *expected* to have that level of thick skin in order to participate.  As Jacob's example shows, we lose important contributions from important contributors when we set the bar that high.

No one is required or expected to participate in the IETF.

Given that, then the next decision is: Can you work with less than perfect people? I can. Others can. If a person can not, then the IETF is not the place to post, because it is full of less than perfect people.

When a person persists on name calling, give the process time to work. The people that take care of that are also volunteers that have work, life, and other important priorities in their life.

I have noticed in my life, when a bully uses that method to get their way, and some quit, then the bully gets their way.

You can not achieve your goal when you quit. How important are your goals to you?

--

Doug Royer - (http://DougRoyer.US)
Douglas.Royer@xxxxxxxxx