Re: Tolerance

On 7/11/19 8:27 AM, Michael StJohns wrote:
> "Unprofessional"  (RFC3005's "Unprofessional commentary") has a lot of
> meanings, and Webster has it as "**not exhibiting a courteous,
> conscientious, or generally businesslike manner in the workplace", but
> at times there will be a conflict between what's perceived as
> "courteous" and what's "conscientious".

I don't think anybody's arguing that people shouldn't make
the technical points that need to be made.  However, if the
goal is persuasion, which I think we probably agree it is
(or should be) that suggests that the argument, in both
substance and form, should be persuasive rather than
alienating.

Melinda

--
Melinda Shore