Re: Diversity and offensive terminology in RFCs

On 21.09.18 02:35, Ted Lemon wrote:
> This discussion was triggered by actual complaints by actual people,
> and the terms about which the complaints were made are used in IETF
> standards; this is why it's a matter of interest.

Although we don't actually have any specifics as to why or how the
terminology posed a problem.  We have no understanding of the harm in
this case.  In python one person chose to believe that another person
really had a problem, and that was that, end of discussion.

Eliot