Re: Diversity and offensive terminology in RFCs

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 07:17:06PM +0200, Toerless Eckert wrote:
> b) Changing language so no piece of computer/network hardware/software should
> feel offended is not necessary.
> c) Being culturally offended on behalf of a computer/network entity is
> virtue signalling.

If you believed that the intention of the change was to avoid hurting the
feelings of computers, as opposed to the people using those computers,
then let me gently suggest you may have missed the point.

--
Evan Hunt -- each@xxxxxxx
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.