Re: Diversity and offensive terminology in RFCs

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 06:57:21PM +0000, Evan Hunt wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 07:17:06PM +0200, Toerless Eckert wrote:
> > b) Changing language so no piece of computer/network hardware/software should
> > feel offended is not necessary.
> > c) Being culturally offended on behalf of a computer/network entity is
> > virtue signalling.
>
> If you believed that the intention of the change was to avoid hurting the
> feelings of computers, as opposed to the people using those computers,
> then let me gently suggest you may have missed the point.

Do i qualify to demand a rename of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_tree
if i have an appropriate BMI and feel offended or do i have to work in
a Data Center ? Or can i simply demand it with the argument that obesity
kills a lot more people than slavery, and the richest companies on the planet
are promoting it by their choice of network technologies.

Cheers
    Toerless