Re: Diversity and offensive terminology in RFCs

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 06:50:14AM -0800, Melinda Shore wrote:
> On 9/20/18 6:31 AM, Toerless Eckert wrote:
> > Thinking beyond my frustration with virtue signalling:
>
> I'm not sure that it's helpful to suggest that there's no
> actual substance to concerns about inadvertent offense
> being caused by unthoughtful use of language, partly
> because it's insulting and dismissive but primarily because
> it's simply not accurate.

virtue signalling describes the condition where a proposed change
does not address or resolve real concerns but is just introduced
to suggest empathy and only accelerates the euphemism treadmill.

Python: No slaves where saved in this revision of the language.

Toerless