Re: Diversity and offensive terminology in RFCs

On 9/20/18 7:19 AM, Toerless Eckert wrote:
> virtue signalling describes the condition where a proposed change
> does not address or resolve real concerns but is just introduced
> to suggest empathy and only accelerates the euphemism treadmill.

Yes, we're familiar with the terminology and how it's used.

Allow me to suggest that telling people their concerns aren't
"real" does not contribute to moving the discussion forward,
but rather the opposite.  What do you expect to *actually* result
from telling people that?  Try gaming this out, see where you
end up.

Melinda