Re: Diversity and offensive terminology in RFCs

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 9:26 AM Toerless Eckert <tte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I also find the stereotyping of names in signalling terminology highly
offensive and non-inclusive: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_and_Bob

Why are only Alice and Bob so chatty to always have the most conversations ?
Won't Carol get depressions from always being a third rail ? Will your kids
ever get jobs if you name them Craig, Mallory, Eve or Heidi ?  And so on.
These SIP heads are ruining the life of our kids!

And what if your last name were Moriarty?  You'd never have the community be okay with you as a Security AD? ;-)

I'm fine with Block/permit lists, but don't think there is a racial connotation to black/white list.  White lists being preferred may be where the issue arrises I'm guessing.  Switching would be fine with me.

I already say active interception or session hijacking and think that's a fine replacement for man-in-the-middle.  I didn't see an issue with man-in-the-middle.

I do recall a recent draft coming through the IESG (within the last year or so) with monkey-in-the-middle and remember doing some searches on it prior ro entering comments on the draft.  I think it was commented on by an AD, but don't remember where that landed.

Best regards,
Kathleen

*sigh*

Keep your virtue signalling out of my language!

--
Toerless

--

Best regards,