Re: Firefox "Looking Glass" fiasco

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Again, this is something I covered in my original mail. We distribute
Firefox as the default browser to a large number of people who trust us
to provide them with software. This gives us both a responsibility to
our users and, presumably, some level of organized clout with Mozilla:
I believe they will treat the concerns of the Fedora project with
somewhat more interest than they would treat the concerns of...me.

Raising it with upstream is exactly what I am suggesting, but I am
suggesting that *the Fedora project* raises it with upstream. Not me.

If the Fedora project wants to do a "me too" that's fine - it's not going to hurt anything - my point
was I believe they got the message loud and clear:

and as you'll see, I was a bit blunt with them on the 13th:
"Folks this is really unacceptable. Reddit is losing their mind about it.
It's fine if this is associated with Shields studies - but you need use a meaningful description - not some random quote that you think might be cute.
It's not amusing to the millions of users who are thinking WTF."