Re: Firefox "Looking Glass" fiasco

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 12:51 PM, Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The only reason we are beating a dead horse is because you keep
> telling us that we shouldn't have beaten a dead horse in a way that
> requires us to explain why we are doing so. Look we understand.. you
> think we should all be friends again. Some of us however are on the
> "Play a trick on me once, shame on you.. Play a trick on me twice..
> shame on me" and this is number 3 or 4..

Right. As my original mail should have made clear to you but apparently
didn't, the point where I disagree with you is the idea that Mozilla
has "learnt its lesson". Nothing in any Mozilla statement I've seen so
far makes me believe that Mozilla has actually learned the right
lesson, and as Smooge points out, it is beginning to build up a track
record which makes me less willing to just trust that they have without
them explicitly stating it and outlining exactly what they have changed
in order to ensure that more things like this don't happen in future.

Everyone makes mistakes - this wasn't the first by Mozilla and won't be the last.  I don't believe
they are acting out of malice.  As long as they admit and correct mistakes as they go along
that is fine with me.  In any event, I don't believe this is a Fedora issue - it's an upstream issue.
If you're unhappy with a particular direction or decision regarding Fx, it would be better to air those
concerns upstream.