Re: Firefox "Looking Glass" fiasco

On 18 December 2017 at 15:42, Gerald B. Cox <gbcox@xxxxxx> wrote:

>> And in any case, a tie-in with a television-show related game is
>> clearly neither telemetry nor some kind of user interaction study. Yet
>> to me, Mozilla's response does not seem to convey understanding of this
>> at all. It basically just says "oh don't worry it didn't do anything by
>> default", which is sort of grandly missing the point.
>>
> Mozilla has already admitted they made a mistake and removed Looking Glass
> from the
> Fx Studies.  I believe they understand the situation quite well.  It's not
> helpful to beat
> a dead horse.

The only reason we are beating a dead horse is because you keep
telling us that we shouldn't have beaten a dead horse in a way that
requires us to explain why we are doing so. Look we understand.. you
think we should all be friends again. Some of us however are on the
"Play a trick on me once, shame on you.. Play a trick on me twice..
shame on me" and this is number 3 or 4..

Stephen J Smoogen.