Re: Firefox "Looking Glass" fiasco

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Additionally, can we turn the "Allow firefox to install and run studies"
preference to off/false by default in Fedora packages. It seems odd that
this is now opt-out.

I don't know.  I personally tend to side with upstream on their decisions - and I don't believe Mozilla is acting in bad faith.

First of all, when you install Fx, it asks you specifically if you want to participate in Fx Data Collection - you can opt out at that point.
If you change your mind later, you can go into preferences and security and either disable or enable it.

It was quickly and forcefully pointed out to Mozilla that the automatic installation of a game was something that most considered part
of that category.  They have since removed it.

Yes, it was a poor decision - but it has been corrected and hopefully they learned their lesson.  Everyone needs to just move on.