Re: Firefox "Looking Glass" fiasco

Adam Williamson wrote:
> since then, a new sub-preference seems to have appeared, labelled
> 'Allow Firefox to install and run studies'.

In the Swedish translation the sub-preference doesn't even exist. There is no
second checkbox under the translation of "Allow Firefox to send technical and
interaction data to Mozilla".

I was going to ask where this sub-preference was supposed to be as I couldn't
find it. I restarted Firefox with "LANG=C firefox" to get the exact English
wording of "Allow Firefox to send technical and interaction data to Mozilla",
and only then did "Allow Firefox to install and run studies" appear. And it's
turned on by default.

So now the question is: Do speakers of other languages have to periodically
start Firefox in English mode and look for new misfeatures that they might
want to opt out of, or are these so-called studies only inflicted on speakers
of certain languages? Or did the option get turned on automatically now that I
started Firefox in the C locale, and remains enabled henceforth unless I
explicitly disable it?

Björn Persson