Re: Steve Brown is a jerk!! He should be fired!

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 22:48:20 PM -0800, Paul Lesniewski
(paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> > Actually, I *did* understand it and acknowledge it, _and_ then I
> > said it was no excuse. No need to insist on this.
>
> I insist because although it might not be an excuse, it IS a factor
> that should be given consideration instead of just writing off such
> situations as evidence that that person, and worse, all FOSS
> developers, are assholes and nothing more.  That kind of black and
> white thinking helps no one.

Paul,

I could only took a really quick glance to this answers of yours
because I have to leave for the office right now.

>From what I have read, I believe that we are much closer than it may
seem. Here (also to not overload the list) I will only say that:

* sure, black and white thinking helps no one, and I am perfectly aware
  of this
* but black and white thinking *is* exactly what all the rest of the world
  does, especially when these one-in-a-thousand episode happen in public
  For the last time: what I am saying is that these situations *ARE*
  taken as evidence by ALL NON GEEKS, not me, that "all FOSS developers are
  a**". Right or wrong, this is what actually happens...

* and it is very dangerous, IMO, if FOSS activists underestimate the
  gravity of this, because FOSS is needed for a better society

I will try to answer in detail to your message tonight, but I'd
really, prefer doing it privately. I really appreciate that you care
so much, but we are seriously starting to overload the list, aren't
we?

Later,
	Marco

--
The right way to make everybody love Free Standards and Free Software:
http://digifreedom.net/node/73