Re: Steve Brown is a jerk!! He should be fired!

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 17:17:02 PM -0800, Paul Lesniewski
(paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> The point is, I think, that this person crossed the line between
> asking for help in the right place and the wrong place.

This is no excuse at all (as it was already said) to react in _that_
manner.

> The act of sending to Steve personally is a pretty big no-no,
> however, which is the point you are entirely missing.

No. What you are missing is that the problem for Squirrelmail and the
general FOSS community is not _what_ Steve did but (how it was already
pointed out) _how_ he did it. Manners matter.

Had he just replied "I am very sorry, madam, but this is a personal
address, you can only receive support through the mailing list, please
don't ask here anymore, period" instead of deliberately sending the
same message in a much ruder format, there would have been nothing to
worry about. That's all there is to it, really.

This said, I'm happy for Squirrelmail that this story has at least
helped to make some documentation clearer and yes, it's time to go on.

Ciao,
	Marco

--
The right way to make everybody love Free Standards and Free Software:
http://digifreedom.net/node/73