Re: Steve Brown is a jerk!! He should be fired!

On 1/29/07, Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

> Once in a blue moon, someone will post a thread on our lists that says
> "thank you guys for what you do", and those rare moments are truly
> invaluable to those of us who get a constant barrage of emails that
> are sometimes much worse than the original one in this case,
> lambasting us for something or other that we actually have nothing to
> do with.  Most of those emails get answered with quiet, polite
> frustrated and let some of it show in responses so some of the more
> "clueless" inquiries.  We're all human after all.  We could all
> probably use some stress-relieving in our lives.  In the case of
> unpaid FOSS developers, why are people so quick to jump on bandwagons
> about how wrong they are and how they are all assholes?  Can't you
> just go buy a Microsoft product instead and stop with the negativity
> when you don't pay us a single euro?  Exactly what do we owe you after
> all?
>
> That said, constructive feedback (and yours, Marco, isn't really out
> of line, but some on Digg were) is always appropriate, but in general
> I think the level of understanding could be higher.  We probably DO
> owe you an effort to be as human and civil as possible (just as every
> human owes the same -- NOTHING to do with FOSS), but you owe us some
> slack sometimes, everything considered. (just as we probably owe you
> slack too...)
>
>  - Paul

<snip>

Paul,

You are indeed right.

I have been awestruck by the SM lists at times. I am a member of some
other lists too. But I have found that the SM developers are
DEFINITELY a different class. Everyday I read through utterly
non-sense questions being answered politely. Questions which would
normally get a booing in some other FOSS lists are answered well.
Sometimes even we, readers get annoyed by these irrelevent questions.
Then one can imagine the case of the developers. We can only
appreciate your gentlemanly behaviour.

I do not want to stir up a controversy, but the fact remains the SM
folks are going a GREAT support job.

I have not closely followed this conversation. But when I saw this
post, I felt that you deserve at least this kind of social suppport.

No. I am not Paul's of Tomas's personal friend.

kmnair