Re: Steve Brown is a jerk!! He should be fired!

On 1/30/07, Zbigniew Szalbot <zbyszek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> >> Had he just replied "I am very sorry, madam, but this is a personal
> >> address, you can only receive support through the mailing list, please
> >> don't ask here anymore, period" instead of deliberately sending the same
> >
> > That's NOT all there is to it.  To say that is to egregiously
> (snip)
> > template is new to any FOSS developer, think again.  We send out hundreds
> > of similarly-worded messages.  It's really easy to take a seemingly rude
>
> Why? Your first action should be to hide all email addresses to your team
> on the web. Why should users be bothering you? There are mailing lists,
> IPSs who provide SM, etc. Most organizations hide their contact details,
> because otherwise their stuff would just spend work time answering letters
> that should be addressed to someone else. We - users - are to lazy to read
> the archives (and then they are not always easy to search & read too) so

I hope you are not using the SourceForge archival tool -- it is
entirely useless as you note.  Better to use marc.theaimsgroup.com or
gmane.org or other such...

> we tend to go for easy solutions. Drop your emails from the web and most
> users will look elsewhere for help.

Yes, good idea.  There is actually another thread right now on the
squirrelmail-devel list (that I think got copied to this list) about
how exactly to change the site, including removing those addresses.

> BTW - thanks for SM!

Thank you!