Re: Steve Brown is a jerk!! He should be fired!

Hi,

Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>> Had he just replied "I am very sorry, madam, but this is a personal
>> address, you can only receive support through the mailing list, please
>> don't ask here anymore, period" instead of deliberately sending the same
>
> That's NOT all there is to it.  To say that is to egregiously
(snip)
> template is new to any FOSS developer, think again.  We send out hundreds
> of similarly-worded messages.  It's really easy to take a seemingly rude

Why? Your first action should be to hide all email addresses to your team
on the web. Why should users be bothering you? There are mailing lists,
IPSs who provide SM, etc. Most organizations hide their contact details,
because otherwise their stuff would just spend work time answering letters
that should be addressed to someone else. We - users - are to lazy to read
the archives (and then they are not always easy to search & read too) so
we tend to go for easy solutions. Drop your emails from the web and most
users will look elsewhere for help.

BTW - thanks for SM!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot