RE: open source forum

From: mrfroasty

> I need some advice in picking a PHP forum for a group of people, I
know
> there are couple of them but could somebody from here give advice on
> which one to choose.

Your request is a bit open ended. Are you looking for blogs, wiki,
message based, or what?

A couple of years ago we set up Dokuwiki as a grass roots effort in the
development group. In just over a year we had 1100 pages created. It was
so popular that management got into the act and decided to replace it
with an officially supported Confluence server. Very few of us
considered that an upgrade, but that's what happens when the PHB's get
involved.

I maintained the Dokuwiki server on a Red Hat system. It took about 30
minutes a week to keep up. It's all PHP, with numerous add-on features
and capabilities.

Bob McConnell