Re: This is the kind of [expletives deleted] answer that is certain to prevent bugs being reported.

Daniel Brown wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 15:25, Per Jessen<per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Daniel Brown wrote:
>>> In reality, those are canned responses.  Jani didn't type that up
>>> himself, he just selected it from a drop-down that we have.
>>
>> In all honesty, that only makes it worse.  To make an effort to
>> improve on things only to be told to eff off by a machine operated by
>> a braindead individual.
>>
>>> It's worded very directly so as to reach a broad scope of folks ---
>>> many of whom don't speak English as well as yourself.  So don't take
>>> offense, because it's not meant to be either offensive or
>>> dismissive.
>>
>> Too late Dan - offense already taken. The response was dimwitted,
>> offensive and dismissive, intended or not.
>
>     At the risk of sounding redundant or dismissive myself (which I
> think you know me well enough by now to know is not the case),

I do.  (it's funny how you can get to "know" someone like that without
ever having met them, but it's a fact).

> the best I could suggest would be to file a bug report pertaining to
> the wording of the responses.  In all honesty, I don't see much being
> done in the way of changing that right away, but I could be wrong
> (which, in this case, would be welcome).

I was actually being quite deliberate when I used the word "braindead"
before - the automated click-of-a-button response may have its use, but
one should always be careful with when to use it.  Is there any way of
filing a a bugreport on "jani"?
Nah, perhaps I should file a doc-bug, but to be honest, I can't be
bothered when the PHP project can't. It's a sad state of affairs.

> By the way.... it's Friday night there.  Why the heck are you
> still sitting in front of a computer?!?

It's 21:55 here and I'm really just a sad old git :-)

Well, I've been busy keeping an eye on my 5 year old most of the day.
His favourite playmate from next door was away today, which meant I
didn't get to do much work until around 1830. (Amongst other things, I
have a decidedly difficult mysql core dump I'm trying to capture).

/Per, signing off for the night.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.6°C)