Re: This is the kind of [expletives deleted] answer that is certain to prevent bugs being reported.

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 13:18, Per Jessen<per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As for being aggressive - well, being fobbed off with an RTFM when
>
> 1) I've spent some time and effort in testing, documenting and reporting
> the bug, and
> 2) the behaviour is at best undocumented,
>
> well, yes, it p...... me off.  It's just not professional and not at all
> conducive to getting any more bugs reported.

    Per;

    We only reply like that when writing to you.  Everyone else gets
nice responses, but.... well, we just plain hate you, man.  We took a
vote and it was unanimous.  Coincidentally, we also spoke with some of
your relatives, and as it turns out, they want you out of the family
as well.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  Good luck in life.

    In reality, those are canned responses.  Jani didn't type that up
himself, he just selected it from a drop-down that we have.  It's
worded very directly so as to reach a broad scope of folks --- many of
whom don't speak English as well as yourself.  So don't take offense,
because it's not meant to be either offensive or dismissive.

    That said, you're not the first (and certainly won't be the last)
to feel miffed about it.  The responses are not very diplomatic to
those who have a good grasp of the English language, and the lack of
inflection offered by printed words doesn't help.

    (P.S. - Stop crying.  Your family didn't really say they want you
out, but if they do, you can move to the US and have the shed in my
back yard.  Bring a blanket.  ;-P)

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
daniel.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxx || danbrown@xxxxxxx