Re: This is the kind of [expletives deleted] answer that is certain to prevent bugs being reported.

Ben Dunlap wrote:

> Per Jessen wrote:
>
>> Which is exactly the bug I reported.  An application that
>> deliberately ignores the locale setting passed from the environment
>> is buggy unless it is clearly documented.  Why should a developer be
>> forced to be aware of the locale when it has already been done for
>> him?  That is just dim.
>
> In what sense is this a bug in PHP, though?

Well, I guess it is only a bug if one expects PHP to behave like a
normal Unixy application.  Mea culpa, perhaps.

> Have you read the classic "How to Ask Questions the Smart Way"?
> http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
> Ben
> --
> Twitter: @bdunlap

I can't help it, but I feel uncannily tempted to write "you twit".

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.6°C)