Re: This is the kind of [expletives deleted] answer that is certain to prevent bugs being reported.

Kyle Smith wrote:

> Per Jessen wrote:
>> See http://bugs.php.net/?id=48612
>>
>> "Thank you for taking the time to write to us, but this is not
>> a bug. And RTFM". (RTFM is my interpretation of the rest).
>>
>> And that only took a little more than a month. Thanks very much.
>>
>> Can anyone here tell me why the CLI behaviour reported is not a bug?
>> An explicit manual reference will do.
>>
>> Btw, I brought it up here already:
>> http://marc.info/?l=php-general&m=124487699630514&w=2
>>

>> /Per
>>

> I don't mean to be rude, but I have never heard of or used these
> functions and never written a multi-lingual PHP site.  I RTFM'd and
> found this:
>
> http://us.php.net/manual/en/function.setlocale.php
>
> Then I read the first sentence defining the second parameter, which
> states: If /locale/ is *NULL* or the empty string /""/, the locale
> names will be set from the values of environment variables with the
> same names as the above categories, or from "LANG".
>
> Pretty straight-forward.

Did you bother reading the bug report?  The PHP CLI ignores the locale
setting from the environment such as set by setting LC_ALL. Your
quoting from the manual does not change that.  Now, if you can find a
place in the manual that says the CLI will ignore whatever locale
settings are set in the environment, we can talk again.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.3°C)