Re: a little sysadmin story

I've used Google Goggles on Android to read a computer screen. It's
clunky and takes lots of work, but it's definitely doable. I'm not sure
I'm in favor of a dedicated box for this however, unless it can be made
inexpensively using off-the-shelf parts and free/open source software,
as my phone already does this well enough in a relatively inexpensive
way. One advantage to a dedicated box is the fact that the data would be
coming directly from the graphics adaptor rather than from a camera that
could be out of focus or too close/too far away, but again, price of
manufacture/design and software/hardware freedom would be extremely
important.
~kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--