[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 310i

HI, Rainer

Rainer Schubert wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>
> [...]
>
>> Well, regarding the firmware: of course the channel decoder can't work
>> without it. Most recent cards have an eeprom for this and dont need
>> an external file to boot the DSP.
>

> But the code for the 300i seems to be in a need for the correct firware
> being loaded. At least that is how I understood the error messages, Vince
> has posted.

These things are often misunderstood. 300i and 310i have nothing in common.
Tuner and channel decoder are different, the only similarity is the PCI
bridge. The tda10046 on the 310i also needs firmware, but it can load it
from an on-board eeprom. This is present on most modern cards.

>> I think some gpio setting needs to
>> be changed for this board. The hard thing is the different tuner
>> application
>> which should cause poor sensitivity. The necessary changes go over more
>> than one module and are thus more that 2 hours of hacking.
>

> OK
>
>> I can do this, but first i want to get the radio with this chip
>> working and get the NICAM problems fixed.
>

> OK, I am not in a hurry. :-)

That's nice to read. The point is that i do this in my spare time and this
is limited...

Best regards
   Hartmut