[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 310i

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

> Hi, Rainer

Hi Hartmut, Vince and the list,

[big snip]

>> Please correct me, if I am wrong.
>>

> As far as we know, the board is stuffed with
> saa7133
> tda8290
> tda8275a
> tda10046

Thanks Hartmut for the correction, but I'm not the guy with the 310i.
I have got two Pinnacle 300i cards and one CinergyT?, all working
successfully. (Not beautifully though yet.)

The best setup I have ever had was with kernel 2.6.12.5 and version
0.2.13 of the saa7134 drivers, which I lost due to a hard disk getting
195?C hot (as reported by smartmon) and crashing afterwards.
And I can't recompile that setup due to gcc 4.x being puzzled by mass of
errors relating to "differences in signedness..." in various pointers and com-
parisons of these pointers without a cast.

> If this is correct, the analog part is multi system and should work
> with SECAM-L as well as with PAL-B/G.

OK.

> People have reported partial success with card type 77. SInce it is a hybrid
> board, i would like you to try card 81 from recent CVS. It also supports
> DVB-T.

Maybe Vince will try these tips ?

> Good luck
>   Hartmut