Re: Proposal to revise ISOC's mission statement

On 11/7/17, 1:08 PM, "Keith Moore" <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Nov 7, 2017, at 11:04 AM, Lee Howard <lee@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> On 11/7/17, 12:10 PM, "Keith Moore" <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>

>>> Sent from my iPhone

>>> That's also a heinous practice, along with drug testing, demanding
>>> employees' social media credentials, etc.
>>
>> I disagree. If I’m paying someone to use my computer to communicate my
>> data on my network, it’s mine. You don’t get a say in it.
>
>I suppose you have their houses searched too?

Well, in my child’s case, I most certainly do.

In the business case, not unless I paid for the house, the network, the
work they’re doing there, and the devices they’re doing it on.

If you walk out of my office carrying a large box, I certainly have the
right to check what’s inside it. If you send email out of my office
servers with a large attachment, I have the right to check what’s inside.

What’s confusing about this concept? How is this even contentious? And how
can we bring it back around to the actual topic of conversation?

Lee