Re: OSX in a non-apple?

Many of these very same people also get ripped off by auto mechanics and insurance companies with equivalent leaps of faith in the private sector. As an econ teacher, I implore that my students reflect on the impact of an informed consumer in the market place. An interesting connection to our list subject might be this: How does our knowledge of gear/photography influence our opinions of products and others in relation?

A recent incident that instantly triggered my tripwire: A Grade 7 student goes on a field trip and a camera was included on this list of things to bring. So daddy goes out and buys her a Canon 5D Mark II so that she can take video as well, and outfitted it with a EF 28-135 f/3.5-5.6. This camera is as big as she is! And everything she needs is on her phone!!