Ram and Processor speed Was: time machine back up

Just a side comment on ram and speed.
The ram does nothing to the basic processor speed so no gain there.
The ram has everything to do with the I/O that goes on when an application
needs a different set of code and has to go out to the hard drive to get it
and maybe has to unload some part of the ram image to make room.

I've lost track of the ratio between ram access speed and current, really
fast hard drives but I suspect that it's at least 10 to 1 faster.
The second issue is that 22G of ram means that all of the executable code
from PS, etc. fairly quickly becomes ram resident so the hard drive I/O to
get the next routine goes to ZERO.  The net result is blinding speed even on
relatively slow processors ( and I'm guessing yours in not so slow ).
A third and really nice unintended consequence comes when burning CDs and
DVDs.  With that much ram, the burner software can build a complete disk
image and then write it out to the drive in one continuous write.  That may
double the speed with which you can burn a new disc and NOT interfere with
what ever else you want to do at the time.
 One possible drawback is the possibility that the software will hold what
you are doing in ram until you are really done.  If you lose power, you can
lose the current ( this session only ) work.
So, if PS has an auto backup function and the frequency is user settable,
you'd be safer setting it to every couple of minutes or so.  That way, PS
will be making backups as you work along and not just when you finish a
task.
If PS can't do that, it's easy enough to click Save every so often.
For example, Microsoft Word has such a function and it has saved my bacon
several times.
So,  22G should make you very happy in terms of overall system performance.
Cheers,
James