Re: OSX in a non-apple?

I remember Brett Weston questioning why anyone would use a 35mm. And the Chicago Sun-Times would only use 4x5s (probably other newspapers as well). People sure have different experiences with different tools/cultures.

Kim

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 4:05 PM, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, October 28, 2010 14:15, Herschel Mair wrote:
> Andy, There's nothing worse than an optimist who's turned pessimist
> :-)..  That's me with Apple.

At MultiLogic, we had Windows machines for the software people and Macs
for the designers.  Their Macs cost twice what ours did -- and had to be
replaced once in the 4 years the company lasted, so they cost twice as
much AGAIN.  And they were still slower at a lot of things, including some
image editing things.  Back then they were particular slow at all things
network, which was a bit of a problem at a web company.

We also had to pay a lot of money to get tools that operated across both
platforms -- like a Visual Source Safe client for the Macs.

AND they kept the admin people busy with issues a lot more.

Meanwhile, I was editing much bigger images at home on my Windows machines.

--
Kim Mosley
mrkimmosley@xxxxxxxxx