Re: OSX in a non-apple?

On Thu, October 28, 2010 10:20, Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
> At 5:53 PM +0300 10/28/10, Trevor Cunningham wrote:
>>I've always thought that the only reason someone would choose to
>>endure a Mac OS would be the benefits of its hardware, most notably
>>the graphic display.
>
> Hmm.  What might it be that you thing about the Mac OS that is so
> unpleasant as to characterize with the word "endure".

Well, nearly everything; but most specially, having to go all the way to
the top of the screen to find the menu for the current window (a leftover
from the single-tasking heritage).

Also, they've put their users through amazing amounts of hell; 68k to
power-pc to Intel just on the hardware side, and several flag-day changes
on the software side as well.  I wouldn't sign up for any company that
behaved that way.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info