Re: OSX in a non-apple?

> Much the same can be said for Microsoft, when they upgrade the operating
> system you generally need a new computer and to upgrade all the software.

Apple knows this too. But apple uses the fact to make hard cutoffs in hardware support.  This allow the software to not become bloated and limits the impact of legacy hardware and code.  This is why apple can stay fresh and new. This is also a detriment  because they sell you on the latest and greatest FireWire and apple display connectors that sometimes dont get industry support. But you always get what you pay for and it will not loose functionality for many more years than a pc.

I own 4 Macs and 0 PCs and I'll take these trade offs any day of the week for the quality of hard ware and software combined.

Andy