Re: Digital and out-of-work photographers and labs

Marilyn <marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I still use my pro lab.  They can do plenty that Costco can't do and I
> don't know where I'd be without my pro lab.

I use a local pro lab that's made the transition to digital -- and
which, last I checked, makes me proof prints cheaper than Costco.
They also offer services for big prints, including very big prints,
sprays, mounting, and services where they do the photoshop work (which
is not what *I* want, but for people with high volume it's often
important).

> However, I don't think a digital camera and Costco can ever take the
> place of a trained, experienced photographer and a professional lab.

I suspect most Costco labs won't pay as much attention to keeping the
line chemistry at peak as a professional lab should.  And I know that
Costco doesn't offer the services like exhibition prints and such.
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>