From: Marilyn
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 6:45 AM
Subject: Why?

Since I am new to digital photography I'm running into things I don't understand and can't find the answers for right away("I want the answer NOW!" hollered while stamping my foot {:->).

Why must I run my RAW images through Photoshop or some other program to get the correct coloring of the images?

Right now I download the images, transfer them to Photoshop and go to Adjust, then Auto Levels.  The changes in color when I do this are amazing, but this prevents me from going to a local lab and having the images printed straight from the memory card.

Can this be corrected in-camera?

By-the-way, I've been thumped on the head and reminded that a previous message I sent sounded as if I were angry (guidelines-for-the-book -type message).  That's not true.   If my messages could be sent through Photoshop, then Adjust, then Auto Levles, the color of the messages would be tongue-in-cheek.  If I offended anyone I'm deeply regretful.

Marilyn