From: Marilyn
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 7:47 AM
Subject: Re: Why?

Previous comment:  I don't know of any "Local Lab" capable of printing from RAW files either.

Maybe I worded this wrong.  I've taken my memory card, on which I've taken the photos in RAW, and had a local lab print the images straight from my memory card and also save to a disc, without the images going through Photoshop.  Isn't that printing straight from RAW?  (I'm just asking to have this clarified because I'm so new to digital - I'm not trying to be smart - something I haven't been able to achieve, anyway).

Marilyn
"The point isn't how close you can get to the animal, for instance.  Most of my good pictures are ones where the animal is small.  It's a spiritual thing.  Out of thousands of pictures, a precious few work.  Very few capture the essence."

Jim Brandenburg, wildlife photographer and artist including "Brother Wolf."