Re: govt spys?

Greg Stempel wrote:
Bob,

They don't have the resources to do it. They don't want to
do it, and they don't do it. Other agencies/bureaus have this expertise and
the equipment's to do it and they do it upon court order... and they damn
well should. <<<<<

Why is it I don't believe you? The courts are in favor of the administration at present, not the private citizen.

the courts OUGHT TO BE in favor of making sure that the laws are applied as written, regardless of administration. new laws are like shiny new tires--they look great in the showroom and the guy will tell you all kinds of stuff to get you to buy them. the tires are then taken out to perform. after some problems are encountered a determination is made on the tire's performance, it's applicability to the purpose for which it was designed, it's usefulness for other purposes, and so on. the court's role is to make that determination. that's pretty much all it's supposed to do. it's a rather mechanical process that has become overly politicized.

The rules have changed due to the administration's declaration of a national. The threat of National Security changes everything. There are a completely different set of guidelines now.

And, who are you? Do you have the highest secret clearances? Are you in daily briefings with the top four officials in this country? I doubt seriously you are privy the inner core activities. It's sounds a lot like those who claim we are not torturing anyone.
is anyone on this list in such briefings? with few exceptions no one in the media is either. that's what makes so many political discussions really pitiful. (that's why i won't engage in them. political philosophy is a different story though, but then only with people who accept that the universe operates in certain ways regardless of anyone's feelings.)

pasha

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
F I R E F R A M E i m a g i n g